ErgoGrip's thermal dishware uses sealed air chamber technology, and does NOT contain polyurethane foam insulation - unlike many other insulated dishes.
Foam insulation makes thermal dishware heavy and studies have show that there is the possibility of CO2 emission from prolonged exposure in the microwave - and foam is not recylable.
Here is what makes sealed air chamber technology better:
- Dishes are microwave safe - there is no off gassing!
- Double walled construction creates a void space between the walls of the dish, which traps the air. Trapped air does not transfer heat easily, so the heat does not escape.
- Food and beverages stay hot for longer.
- No foam insulation make the dish less expensive and 100% recyclable.
- Dishes are lightweight and environmentally friendly.
|Capacity||8 oz||240 ml|
|Diameter||3 5/16"||8.5 cm|
|Diameter with handle||4 5/8"||12 cm|
|Material||Polypropylene (PP) #5||100% BPA Free|
|Commercial Dishwasher Safe|
|Made in Canada|